Sunday, September 19, 2010

Newest wardrobe addition

Well, I thought I would start out by posting some photos of my latest projects. I do like to dress in the style of the 1930s all the time, and I learned to sew so that I could make my own clothes. Any vintage clothes that I do happen to find are not usually in my size, and I really wouldn't trust myself to wear them if they were (I do have a 15 month-old baby, after all)!  That's the nice thing about reproductions: those little hand prints just wash right out, and I don't feel like I've ruined a piece of history if something worse happens.

 Here is a two-piece sports dress I just completed:       





 I'm not wearing them together because it is still much too hot for September and the material is rather heavy. I made them with this pattern from the Vintage Pattern Lending Library:



It's interesting to see how different these dresses look on real people versus the pattern envelope illustrations. I also don't know how anyone could wear the dress open in the back as is shown in the small drawing (I tried it; it's alright as long as you don't lean over)! Maybe she's just wearing it that way to cool off after a rousing game of tennis, hmm?

















                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, look at YOU!! You sure are a gal after my own heart! Your 30s style is phenomenal!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I follow your blog and love your style as well! I'm also jealous of your ability to take such fabulous pictures!

    ReplyDelete